Y’all are the best. Thanks, for all the understanding and kind words about my bloggy fickleness.
I’ve decided to dispense with the laundry, sweeping, lesson planning, surfing and what not that usually make up my evenings, and instead, put my feet up, pour a glass of wine and spend tonight with Dr. Zhivago. (Praise be to Netflix!). First though, I had to pop in for some rather random, but utterly essential bits to pass along:
1. There’s an age old debate regarding the best fat (there’s no more polite way to put it) to use in pie pastry. Butter gives more taste, but Crisco gives better texture. Three little words have settled that issue neatly for me: Butter-flavored Crisco. Glory be. Just say those words again: butter. flavored. Crisco. Disgustingly wonderful, right?
2. 1 out of 3 children prefer the smell of homemade play dough to that of the store bought version (per our less than scientific research). In stark contrast, the same kid prefers store bought icing, while the other two like the homemade variety. Go figure.
3. If you find yourself with a kiddo that wants to learn to type, this downloadable program is pretty great.
4. A five year old will put up with your narrow minded ideas about the proper way to tell time for about 5 minutes. He will then show you how it’s done in his world.
5. You know you’ve heard that the true nature of a person’s character can reveal itself in one tragic instant? Ever wonder if you’re the kind of person that would jump, without thinking, in front of a moving bus to push someone else out of the way? Well it was no moving bus, but I did discover something… I am the sort of person that would plunge my hand into a public toilet to retrieve my iPhone. Three gallons of bleach and more than a month later, there is good news… I have not developed any weird disease (yet), and the phone never skipped a beat. I have no idea what this says about my character, but I do know that it means I’m fully over the hyper aversion to germs that accompanied the birth of my third child. Clean over it (pun intended).
5. My kids can’t get enough of this site.
6. I can’t get enough of this one.
… and now, the good doctor calls….