Good morning and Happy New Year everyone!
The young inventor in my house has been SO eagerly awaiting this week. His excitement is not because we are back to our regular school programming, though we are, not because we are the possessors of a whole new year, a whole new decade, a whole new beginning full of boundless possibility… oh no. He has been waiting for this week to come because of this:
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs comes out on DVD tomorrow, a fact that has him beside himself with glee. You can bet that the popcorn will be popping at my house tomorrow night!
Really, there could not be a movie more suited to him… weird critters, his favorite food (spaghetti) whirling ’round the sky, constant action and a crazy cool machine. Perfect.
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is a sweet, family-friendly movie with some great messages. At the same time, it is just as silly and energetic as childhood itself. It is really such a wonderful movie – beautiful, witty and endearing. We all loved it.
And thank goodness! I have to say, I really held my breath when I heard that this movie was going to be made. It’s such an imaginative, smart little book, so I really hoped that the filmmakers would do it justice. I’m so happy to say that they really did a wonderful job taking this gem of a book to the big screen.
To celebrate that achievement, and tomorrow’s release of the DVD, the good folks at Sony have offered to let us give away a ratbird plush toy and a copy of the book, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
If your little inventor/foodie would love to snuggle up and dream with this book and toy, just leave a comment below to be entered in our contest and they could be yours. I will choose a winner by random number generator tomorrow, January 5th, at 8PM central time.
Now, do you really, REALLY want that book and plushy? Then do any or all of the following for extra entries. Just be sure to leave a SEPARATE comment, here on this post, telling us that you have completed each entry, okay?
1. Become a fan of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on Facebook
2. Post about and link to this contest on Facebook. Nevermind… turns out you can’t talk about contests on Facebook. So watch your step sister, or else!
3. Post about and link to this contest on Twitter (click the button at the bottom of this post.
4. Post about and link to this contest on your blog.
5. And… this one is purely self serving… go to gravatar.com and create yourself an avatar to show up when you post comments here. I’m a little creeped out by all those faceless white zombie people in the comments section and would SO rather see your sweet faces! (Please know that it takes a few minutes for your avatar to show up after you’ve created it.)
Good luck, friends!
***** sorry, this contest is now closed. Congratulations to our winner, Carly, who said, “I love, love, LOVE this book. It was always a favorite growing up. I am now starting my family… and family book collection, and this one is not yet on my shelves. Pretty please, I would LOVE a copy!”
Yay Carly! And thank you so much to everyone who played along with us. Thanks especially for taking the time to make your avatar. It is SO much nicer to see real people in the comments now!***